Edited by: | Date:2015/06/16
Mission: A designated "KEY" university of Guangdong Province focusing on foreign languages, international trade, and intercultural understanding, offering national and provincial KEY disciplines and extending public service through national and provincial KEY teaching and Research Centers
Location: 3 campuses in Guangzhou: North (Baiyun District), South (Panyu District), and Dalang
Library: 1.61 million books, 3,237 foreign and domestic periodicals, and 26 foreign language databases
Enrollment: 26,000 students (92 % undergraduate) representing 25 provinces and over 80 nations
Faculty: 1,173 full-time faculty (85% holding advanced degrees) plus 100 visiting professors and 96 full-time foreign faculty members
Commitment to Internationalization:
Guangdong University of Foreign Studies attaches great importance to, and actively conducts, academic and cultural exchanges with overseas institutions. To date, it has established cooperative ties with more than 210 universities, academic or cultural institutions in more than 30 countries or regions. In addition, the University has co-established three Confucius Institutes overseas at Sapporo University, Japan, Ural State University, Russia and Universidad Catolica de Santa Maria, Peru.
International faculty - GDUFS actively recruits international faculty, consistently strengthening its foreign faculty management and service for better work and living conditions for full-time faculty and visiting professionals.
Opportunities abroad - GDUFS has established cooperative relations with overseas universities and research institutions, promoting opportunities for its faculty to travel abroad for cooperative research projects or advanced degrees. More than 230 of its faculty have undertaken advanced studies overseas. In 2008, GDUFS founded the University Faculty Study-abroad Scholarship Council; so far, 97 teachers have been sponsored through the University Scholarship Council.
International students - In 1987, GDUFS enrolled 21 international students from France and Japan. In 2010, the enrollment in our Institute of Education for International Students reached 1,060. More than 50 international students have received full scholarships provided by Hanban, or the Chinese Language Council International, for master's level education in Chinese, and the University is now authorized to accept international students on Chinese government scholarships.
Internships and Student Exchanges- To date, GDUFS has established 109 student programs with 31 countries and regions, including 52 exchange student programs and 32 dual degree programs. In 2011, the University sent 530 students (9% of enrollment) for various study-abroad programs.
We seek innovative teachers who are native English speakers and preferably have some experience in second language education. The first term of appointment is one year. Continuing employment is likely and is by mutual agreement. New appointees begin in August or February of each year.
The package offer includes:
- A sightseeing trip once a year
- On-campus apartment
- Accident, medical and surgical insurance for appointees under 65 years-of-age. We reimburse actual costs 80% from approval providers.
- Assistance in locating and enrolling successful candidates’ children in GDUFS affiliated institutions: elementary school, junior high school, senior high school, university
- 3-month holiday(summer vacation and winter vacation)
- Access to research fund
- Opportunities of designing and teaching elective course
- Opportunities of attending international conference
- You will be working with many international teachers and enjoy easy access to an international culture
Salary scales in RMB per month:
- YUNSHAN Scholars/Distinguished/Eminent Professor 18,000 – 30,000
- Professor 12,000 – 16,000
- Associate Professor 11,000 – 14,000
- Senior Lecturer 8,000 – 12,000
- Lecturer 5,000 – 8,000
HOW TO APPLY
Please email to us the following information:
- Letter: A one-page letter that indicates your situation, aspirations and competence.
- Teaching subjects: A statement that says which of our departments attract you and a list of the courses you have taught in the last five years (give the course title, institution, and the level of each course).
- Rank: An indication of the level of appointment you wish us to consider (please select only one from the Person Specification above): Eminent/Distinguished Professor, Professor, Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer, Lecturer, Lecturer (recent graduate)
- Your curriculum vitae.
- Two photographs of yourself.
- Teaching: A statement of your teaching philosophy and achievements. Recent assessments of your teaching.
- Research: A statement about your recent research and your research aspirations. If possible, please attach to the email you send us, pdf copies of up to three of your published research articles.
- Thesis: A reference in APA format for any thesis you have completed, the abstract for your thesis and an internet link (URL) to your thesis.
- Copies of all your earned degree and diploma certificates.
- A copy of your passport.
- References: If you wish, you may include up to three references. These should not be your confidential referees.
- Referees: The contact details for three referees whom we may contact confidentially, one of whom should be a recent employer.
Please email your complete application to: email@example.com
There is no set closing date for applications. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Deadline: All positions are open for application until filled.
Remark: Please indicate the position you wish to apply for in your email.
For more information visiting the following:
Guangdong Univesity of Foreign Studies: http://english.gdufs.edu.cn/
1.Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor of International Investment Law, EU Law, International Commercial Law, WTO Law, International Intellectual Property Law, International relations,Series of Lecture on International Affairs